New regulations in the airports of Moscow have come into effect in time for the FIFA World Cup 2018. Take a note of what NOT to do in any of the airports in Moscow.
· to take photos or videos for commercial purposes (taking a picture for your social networks is totally fine!)
· to lie down in inappropriate places (like benches, floor, seats) and to sit on the floor
· to put your luggage on the seats while waiting for your flight and to leave it unattended
· to listen to music, watch videos, play games on your gadgets without earphones
· to ride bicycles, roller-skates, hoverboards, scooters
· to carry children in baggage carts
· to run on the escalators or travelators or walk on inactive travelators
· to leave animals unattended
· to stay in the airport for more than 24 hours if you don’t have a valid ticket
· to wear smelly clothes or carry a smelly luggage
· to bathe and wash your clothes, to change them in inappropriate places (such as toilets).
The penalties for violation of these rules are 100-500 rubles (1.5 — 7 euros) for any given individual. However, the officials explained that there’s no need to worry about it too much, if you’re just a tourist visiting the Russian capital. “We aren’t robots. We know that there are different situations, different circumstances. If a person comes to the airport and there’s no place to sit, nobody will charge them for sitting on the floor” a representative of the Moscow region council said.
Regardless, its better to be aware and avoid doing anything on the list above!